Welcome to Montana Trout Fishing!

Bringing you up-to-date information for fishing around Bozeman Montana. Feel free to Email me anytime at Norbaracer13@gmail.com!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Quick Tip: Trout Photography

        It was probably the second or third outing to Hyalite Creek that I realized how well the beautiful colors and markings of trout could be captured. It was a small brook trout I had taken a picture of with macro settings that inspired me from then on to photograph nearly every fish I've caught. All of my photos have been taken with an eight megapixel camera phone. Its quick and easy to take out, snap a photo, and continue with what I was doing.
     
        I was experimenting a little bit when I snapped my favorite picture yet. I was too far in the middle of a fairly quickly flowing river to get a good picture without the risk of losing my phone. I held the fish by the line so the water was gliding beneath it, sort of splashing and turning slightly back and forth. I took as many pictures as I could and quickly released the fish.

         An hour or so later, I looked at my photos and first noticed the nice colors on the fish, but there wasn't much I could do with a fish that looked so awkwardly hanging by a line. I turned the picture ninety degrees to the left and it looked just like the fish swimming through the water. A quick cropping to cut out the fly line, and a lomo filter was all that I used to bring out the real color of the scene. A swimming fish was created out of a somewhat dull photo.

          I've found many neat photos can come from photographing trout. People have been doing it forever because its not hard to take a bad picture of a trout. Trouts ever so changing beautiful colors, the suns vibrant light rays, crystal clear water, and bright green vegetation make for excellent captured moments. Macro settings are a must if taking a picture closer than ten inches. Next time your'e fishing, bring a decent camera, don't get it wet, and take some great pictures to share with your friends. They're some of the fish that YOU'VE caught and now you will never forget them.

Taking many pictures gives you more to work with in this case and increases the chances of capturing a good shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment